- You must include a brief, third person biography in your cover letter and at the foot of your submission
- Please state whether or not your submission is fiction or nonfiction
- Proofread and edit your work extensively
- Minimum amount of words can be 200, the maximum can be 2,000 (soft word count)
- Submissions must be sent in Microsoft Office .doc or .docx files, NOT PDF
- Please adhere to MLA formatting
- Preferred font is Times New Roman, 12 point size
- We are closed to poetry
- Any submissions sent over our Gmail account will be deleted at once
- Please note: we retain first electronic rights and non-exclusive rights and should be credited thus
Writers and artists, we're looking to you to create a spectacular issue dedicated to our vibrant and complex city! From May 5th until July 1st, we're reading essays, fiction, poetry dedicated to the great city of Chicago! Throughout the month, we'll be accepting original art dedicated to both novice and veteran artists of all mediums.
Be sure to review our mandated submission guidelines! We look forward to your submissions!
We're reopened submissions for our special series, THE DAILY FLASH!
Submissions must be a minimum of 200 words and must not exceed 800 words. We do not take micro-fiction (e.g., "for sale: baby shoes, never worn"). Please follow MLA formatting and proofread your work prior to submitting.
Best of all, THE DAILY FLASH doubles as a tax deductible donation to us! Your $5 donation will help keep us afloat!