- You must include a brief, third person biography in your cover letter and at the foot of your submission
- Please state whether or not your submission is fiction or nonfiction
- Proofread and edit your work extensively
- Minimum amount of words can be 200, the maximum can be 2,000 (soft word count)
- Submissions must be sent in Microsoft Office .doc or .docx files, NOT PDF
- Please adhere to MLA formatting
- Preferred font is Times New Roman, 12 point size
- We are closed to poetry
- Any submissions sent over our Gmail account will be deleted at once
- Please note: we retain first electronic rights and non-exclusive rights and should be credited thus
We're reopened submissions for our special series, THE DAILY FLASH!
Submissions must be a minimum of 200 words and must not exceed 800 words. We do not take micro-fiction (e.g., "for sale: baby shoes, never worn"). Please follow MLA formatting and proofread your work prior to submitting.
Best of all, THE DAILY FLASH doubles as a tax deductible donation to us! Your $5 donation will help keep us afloat!