- You must include a brief, third person biography in your cover letter and at the foot of your submission
- Please state whether or not your submission is fiction or nonfiction
- Proofread and edit your work extensively
- Minimum amount of words can be 200, the maximum can be 2,000 (soft word count)
- Submissions must be sent in Microsoft Office .doc or .docx files, NOT PDF
- Please adhere to MLA formatting
- Preferred font is Times New Roman, 12 point size
- We are closed to poetry
- Any submissions sent over our Gmail account will be deleted at once
- Please note: we retain first electronic rights and non-exclusive rights and should be credited thus
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
From November 30th through December 14th we'll be reading contemporary fiction submissions. Submissions should take place in the present century with a focus on how technology and politics shape our daily lives and whether or not those elements hurt or help us.
As always, submissions should stay within our soft word count of 2,000 words, be proofread and edited, and a brief, third-person biography should be included at the foot of your story.
We're reopened submissions for our special series, THE DAILY FLASH!
Submissions must be a minimum of 200 words and must not exceed 800 words. We do not take micro-fiction (e.g., "for sale: baby shoes, never worn"). Please follow MLA formatting and proofread your work prior to submitting.
Best of all, THE DAILY FLASH doubles as a tax deductible donation to us! Your $5 donation will help keep us afloat!